Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 30.03.20 18:09, Cheney, James via clamav-users wrote:
I did the sudo apt install clamav-daemon on a test 16.04 instance and it worked perfectly!

This makes me think I've overcomplicated the centos & RHEL installs we've done.

When I ran sudo yum install clamav-daemon on RHEL 7.7, it failed with "No package clamav-daemon available."

Is there a similarly easy way to install on RHEL & centos?
try

yum seach clamav

if not in base, it may appear in epel.

Also try "clamd".  On my lingering CentOS 6 machine I see:

clamav-db
clamav
clamav-milter
clamd

available plus a couple of development support packages, and i686/x86_64 variants of most of them.

Package names are often different between RHEL and its derivatives, and Debian and its derivatives.

-kgd