It does seem we forgot to update the safebrowsing doc on clamav.net.  This is
the source, if you're up for working on it:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-faq/blob/master/faq/faq-safebrowsing.md
Sorry about the extended delays between emails; I'm presently preoccupied with
debugging the PNG parser.  Give me a shout any time though.

Regards,
Micah

On 10/17/20, 2:22 AM, "G.W. Haywood" <cla...@jubileegroup.co.uk> wrote:

    Hi Micah,

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2020, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:

    > The clamav-safebrowsing tool was developed by another team and
    > gifted to my team for OSS maintenance.

    As if you didn't have enough to do already!

    > ... The mysql database exists for precisely that reason.
    > ... the one safebrowsing.cld file is obsolete.

    There's something I'm missing.  None of this seems to be mentioned at

    https://www.clamav.net/documents/safebrowsing

    If you'd like a documentation patch I can do some reading and give it
    a go, what's the best place to start?

    --

    73,
    Ged.