I am getting errorĀ  http client 403 where I have deployed google cloud function using python to download the daily clamav virus definitions from http://database.clamav.net <http://database.clamav.net>.

ClamAV have implemented rate-limiting and restrictions because some people were downloading updates far too frequently from AWS and Google Cloud servers.

See: https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2021-March/010559.html

You should use FreshClam to download the updates. If you are running a private mirror, then use this tool to refresh your mirror: https://github.com/micahsnyder/cvdupdate

--
Paul
Paul Smith Computer Services

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe

  • [clamav-users]... Kachare, Ganesh, Vodafone Group (External) via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... Paul Smith via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... Al Varnell via clamav-users
      • Re: [... Gene Heskett via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... G.W. Haywood via clamav-users
      • Re: [... Paul Kosinski via clamav-users
        • R... Paul Smith via clamav-users
          • ... Arjen de Korte via clamav-users
            • ... Paul Smith via clamav-users
            • ... Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users