To give a quick update on this, a new version of safebrowsing.cvd was
published yesterday that removes all but a minimal number of signatures
needed for it to be loaded correctly by ClamAV.  The block on
safebrowsing.cvd download attempts was also lifted, and a corresponding
zero-byte CDIFF published, which means that existing installations running
FreshClam with the SafeBrowsing option set should expect a quick update
that replaces the prior, 40 MB safebrowsing.cvd (if present) with the 1 KB
latest one.

-Andrew