Hi,

> for examples of utilities which might be useful.  You're just going to
> create regular expressions of a kind, where (unlike the familiar kind)
> literal characters are given in hexadecimal instead of as themselves.
>
> The regex way: (A|B)C{1,3}\x01
> Signature way: (41|42)43{1-3}01
>
> There's also the Yara way, which can be more convenient.  A couple of
> custom Yara rules here deals with quite a few irritating spammers who
> might otherwise be tricky to catch reliably.
>
> You might find something to get you started in the existing signatures.

I managed to do it quite easily using a simple yara rule. Just create
it in a text editor and save it with a yara extension in the clamav
lib directory. I'm sure this is prone to false-positives, but it's
probably unique enough for this purpose.

rule javablock : javascript
{
    meta:
        description = "block javascript"
        threat_level = 3
        in_the_wild = true

    strings:
        $a = "/JS"
        $b = "<</JavaScript 330 0 R>>"

    condition:
        $a or $b
}

$ clamscan -v JavaScriptClock.pdf
Scanning /home/alex/JavaScriptClock.pdf
/home/alex/JavaScriptClock.pdf: YARA.javablock.UNOFFICIAL FOUND