On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 16:41:03 +0100
Mark Fortescue via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
One quick answer to why people do not upgrade the OS is that the
hardware does not support the upgrade (mostly due to memory and x86_64).

I work with embedded systems where the code is very specific to the
hardware so new hardware is not an option.

For others it may just be the hassle of starting setting up a new OS and
fixing all the distribution bugs/annoyances that get installed with each
new OS all over again.