On Wednesday 28 July 2021 07:06:08 G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:

> Hi Gene,
>
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2021, Gene Heskett via clamav-users wrote:
> > The next instruction line from INSTALL.md is:
> >
> > cmake .. -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release"
> >
> > Which generates this response:
> >
> > CMake Error: The source directory
> > "/home/gene/src/clamav-0.104.0-rc/build/CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release"
> > does not exist. ...
>
> FWIW I followed the instructions at
>
> https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Installing/Installing-from-source-Unix.
>html
>
> under the heading "The Default Build".  The instructions in the
> INSTALL.md seemed confusing, and, as I'm not familiar with cmake, it
> seemed the closest to the way I usually build it with autotools (which
> is described at
>
> https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Installing/Installing-from-source-Unix-
>old.html
>
> and is just
>
> ./configure
> make

unforch, 1.0.4rc does not come with any configure scripts.

> with which you're familiar) and it seemed like the simplest option.
> The build went smoothly apart from the usual slew of scary compiler
> warnings.  From the description of your experiences it looks like I
> made a good decision although I can't take any credit for it - it was
> just happenstance.  The build is on our dedicated clamd server which
> is a Raspberry Pi4B which has 4G RAM and its root partition mounted
> via NFS.
>
> To recap, the build process was
>
> $ cd ~
> $ rm -rf clamav-0.104.0-rc
> $ tar xzvf clamav-0.104.0-rc.tar.gz
> $ cd clamav-0.104.0-rc
> $ mkdir build
> $ cd build
> $ cmake ..

blows up, fussing about cmake old version.
new 3.21.1 making from tarball.gz now. using "./bootstrap && make" What
all should I uninstall before I type "sudo make install"? Or will it
just overwrite what there?

Thanks.
[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett