I followed the instructions to install the prerequisites and then went through the steps for the default build.  Everything went fine until I got to the last step.

$ sudo cmake --build . --target install
sudo: cmake: command not found

The instructions have me install cmake under my user directory (python3 -m pip install --user cmake pytest).  That works fine for the build and testing steps, however, it becomes a problem when I try to do the install under sudo.

Do I need to re-install cmake system-wide, or is there a way I can specify to use the local version when running sudo?

Could I log in as root, add the /home/username/.local/bin directory to the path, and then do the install?  If so, do I need to add the /home/username/.local/lib directory to a lib variable?

I could just experiment with the settings, but that's a bit dangerous when running an install as root.

--
Bowie