On Sun, 2022-02-13 at 13:10 +0000, Marc wrote:

> > My team is new to maintaining images on Docker Hub. We hadn't yet
> > identified the best practices for how to publish an image for the
> > same
> > ClamAV version with a new base image. After a little investigation,
> > settled on this on this scheme.
> >

> Maybe it is time to allow environment variables in the config files?

Then you'll need a file that's just as long, but setting environment
variables instead of config parameters =)

But there is room for improvement here. The build system knows the
correct values for many of those config file parameters. It should
substitute in the ones it knows (like the clamav user, "/run" path,
etc.) For bonus points it could default to syslog which exists
precisely so that you don't have to configure logging manually in each
daemon.