Hi there,

On Sun, 13 Feb 2022, Marc wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2022, G.W. Haywood wrote:
... the parent forks a child with the right permissions etc. ...

Ok so maybe this code is a bit buggy currently? ...

The freshclam utility has been around for donkey's years.  I know of no
serious problems with it when run on bare metal or VMs.  After all, it's
used by at least hundreds of thousands of machines all over the planet.

Containers could well be a different story.  As I said, I have absolutely
no experience with ClamAV and Docker, but, based on experience that I do
have, it wouldn't surprise me if there were things to learn about using
them together.

--

73,
Ged.