Hi there,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022, Eliya Voldman via clamav-users wrote:

Your response is extremely valuable

I'm very glad if it's helped. :)

Btw what tool is 'time sigtool'? Should I try it on my Linux machine or
Windows?

That's two tools.  One (sigtool) is from the ClamAV suite, and is as
its name suggests a tool for working with signatures.  The other one
(time) is a standard Unix/Linux utility which makes time measurements
while a command is running and prints the results.  I did that just so
that you could see how long the command takes to run because sometimes
a sigtool command can take quite a while (in this case it was over two
minutes).  If you'd copied what I typed, and were not expecting a long
delay, you might wonder while you're waiting if it's doing the things
it's supposed to be doing.

If you're using Windows then the time utility might not be available.
It isn't necessary to use it, as I said it was just for information,
but the sigtool command will probably still take a while to execute.
The computer I was using isn't a particularly quick one, 1.5GHz ARM7
(a Raspberry Pi4B+ with 4GBytes of RAM).

--

73,
Ged.