Augh! Some hot-key combination just sent my email draft! Sorry! I was working
on a list of the different distinct file formats we currently have, none of
which are very easy to read.
I'm hoping to illustrate that if we can consolidate this down to something
user-friendly it will be a big improvement.

Basing the file structure on the KDL language is just my initial proposal.  My
teammate Scott is brainstorming some other ideas.  We have yet to make any hard
decisions.

I agree with you about some sort of scoring.  Some signatures might never
indicate maliciousness and be very-weak indicators.  Some might be very strong
indicators; e.g. hash-based sigs for ransomware.  I too would like to add some
different levels.  I don't know if a number-based scoring system makes sense,
or if just a handful of different categories is sufficient.  More research
needed.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder