Paul Fisher wrote:
> We could use plenty of help with the AWT.  Jim and I have implemented
> the majority of the peers, but all the AWT classes have yet to be
> written.  Then, after we finish all of that, we have to get started on
> the 1.2 AWT.

I have a few questions before I volunteer to help with the AWT:

- What is the point of the peer architecture?  If each peer has a
non-peer counterpart, why not do everything directly in the non-peer?
(I've been wondering the answer to this question ever since I first
learned the AWT)

- Since a regular Java app only new's the non-peer classes, and you
haven't started on them yet, how do you know the peers are working
at all?  Do you have test progs that new the peers directly,
bypassing the non-peers?

- I don't have a Windows or Solaris box at home, so I can't run the
JDK (as far as I know).  I assume this would make it difficult to
compare the behavior of a program under the JDK vs Classpath.

kim