Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Do downloading JDK source code (it seems to be ow available without all
> these complicated paperwork) will taint me as far as classpath is
> concerned ?

IANAL, and I haven't read the license. However, personally I'll be
avoiding it like the plague. My *guess* (and this is only a guess) is
that by agreeing to the license, you'd be agreeing that any
implementation of the java specification you make is subject to sun's
license fees and compatibility testing. That's a worst case, but I
wouldn't be surprised, considering what sun has tried to do with
licensing in the past.

> I do understand that I should not look at sun's classes while writing
> for classpath, but they are available anyway in std distribution -
> question is if this new source package imposes any more limitations on
> me.

It's not the source package that's the problem, it's the license you
have to agree to to get to it. My understanding is that the license for
downloading the JDK is okay, but the source license isn't - but like I
say, IANAL and haven't read the license.

Stuart.