Tom Tromey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> There are a few libgcj-related mailing lists.
> See http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java for a full list.
>
> I'm ambivalent about merging the lists.  There are two issues, as I
> see it:
>
> 1. How will people here react to a lot of questions about gcj,
> building libgcj, etc, etc.  (See the java-discuss archives for an idea
> of the volume).

If the volume is more than a trickle of messages on compiling java
code with gcc then having a separate list is probably a good thing.
The classpath list is more of a developer list than a user list.
Traffic has not mandated we go to a classpath-devel or similar yet.

> 2. Do we lose any features, eg archiving (I've heard that the
> classpath mailing list archiver is sometimes flaky?  Is this true?  Or
> maybe I have my wires crossed).

The classpath archive is hosted at
http://www.mail-archive.com/classpath%40gnu.org/ which is hosted by VA
Linux.  There shouldn't be any flakiness in the future.

> There are many other technical details to be worked out in terms of
> merging the projects.  I haven't really given it much thought, though
> I could come up with a list if somebody wants one.

Feel free, Paul and I as well as others want to work on this asap.
This happened at a good time you see because I imagine most of us have
some vacation coming up soon and I was already planning on spending a
good deal of mine getting Classpath ready for a new release. The PTB
demand it.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>