Jochen Hoenicke wrote:

> > CNI is readable and JNI is not. This might be because the Perl script that
> > Jochen made inserts a bit more casts and JNI functions then necessary.
>
> The JNI is really a bit unreadable.  With the unnecessary casts you
> probably mean jobject to jbytearray, which are all typedefed to the
> same type in C.  But for C++ they are necessary.

JNI  has the advantage of being VM (and language) independent.  The
ideal, for C++ code, would be to have a CNI like set of wrapper classes
that use JNI internally to call into the VM (I think Paul Fisher has a
plan for this).

Etienne
Etienne M. Gagnon, M.Sc.                     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author of SableVM:                             http://www.sablevm.org/