John> Paul / Tom: does this mean I should not attempt to check this
John> patch in for now?  It looks great to me with a small
John> modification to put the if()'s into the case (2 less function
John> calls and no readability loss IMO).  John: you OK with that
John> change?

I'm not really the best person to say.  For libgcj I would probably
require paperwork for the suggested change.  Anything above about 10
lines needs it -- and multiple small patches aren't a way around the
limit :-)

Tom