>>How long before this work will be finished? Would it be possible to
>>create stubs from your code at the moment? If yes, then please send them
>>to me and I will do it and check them in so the tree at least builds
>>again.
>>

> I'll check my stub classes in now.

Hmm.. after reading that the build is not actually broken, does it
really make sense to check in do-nothing code?

The only thing that accomplishes is matching the JDK 1.4 interface, it
doesn't add any functionality.  Can we wait on split() functionality for
the real regex implementation? (I have to sign paperwork for copyright
assignment).

Wes