Hello Christian,

> I tested it with CACAO and it works, but it's not blazingly fast :-)

Thanks. I had some hope that a JIT compiler would help a bit, but
apparently not...  still, at least on my system, image loading under
JDK 1.5.0 is almost twice as fast as JDK 1.4.2, and JDK 1.6 beta is
a little faster again. I guess Classpath will evolve as well.

> And there is a problem when cairo is enabled: [...]
> Anything i should debug?

This is PR24211, submitted (almost) four months ago. There are also
PR24116, PR24099, PR24349, and a few others to be fixed before Graphics2D
becomes useable. That is why I asked about the state of the Java2D
rewrite...

- Norman