On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 21:11 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> S. Meslin-Weber wrote:
> > VM writers typically handle the delegated loadLibrary() call via their
> > implementation of the VM* interface classes and in their own native
> > code.
> >
> > As cygwin uses a decidedly odd naming convention for its dlls, I'd say
> > those parts of jc would need to be investigated. IIRC, Cygwin calles its
> > equivalent of libjavanio.so cygjavanio-0.dll.
>
> So... what's an #ifdef one can use on cygwin to detect cygwin?
> E.g. #ifdef WINDOWS or #ifdef CYGWIN or something? (This is hard
> for me to fix right now because I don't have cygwin set up anywhere).
>
> Presumably other VMs have the same issue (if they want to run
> on cygwin). Has anyone already solved this problem?

Yes. See

2005-09-13  Dalibor Topic  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * libraries/java/java/lang/Runtime.java
        (loadLibrary) Try multiple different
        prefixes and suffixes if library can't be loaded
        using the mapped name. This takes care of
        Cygwin DLLs, Libtool modules and hopefully
        will work for dylibs, jnilibs and similar
        DSO variants as well.

( http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-September/103250.html )

in Kaffe. If it works for you, we should fold it into VMRuntime, I
guess.

cheers,
dalibor topic