Archie Cobbs wrote:

S. Meslin-Weber wrote:

VM writers typically handle the delegated loadLibrary() call via their
implementation of the VM* interface classes and in their own native
code.

As cygwin uses a decidedly odd naming convention for its dlls, I'd say
those parts of jc would need to be investigated. IIRC, Cygwin calles its
equivalent of libjavanio.so cygjavanio-0.dll.

So... what's an #ifdef one can use on cygwin to detect cygwin?
E.g. #ifdef WINDOWS or #ifdef CYGWIN or something? (This is hard
for me to fix right now because I don't have cygwin set up anywhere).

Presumably other VMs have the same issue (if they want to run
on cygwin). Has anyone already solved this problem?

Enrico: the relevant macro is _JC_LIBRARY_FMT in definitions.h.
Perhaps you can play with some possibilities there.

Thanks,
-Archie

Hi Archie and Steph,

I found _JC_LIBRARY_FMT in arch_definitions.h and replaced .so with .dll.a,
which is the file extension of the dll libary created by Classpath.

Now I got an annoying problem on my WindowsXP Home Edition:

jc can't execute the libjavanio.dll.a library because "permission is denied".

I tried to change the file access permission, from:

      -rwxr--r--     /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.dll.a
      -rwxr-xr-x     /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.dll.a

but Cygwin doesn't let me do it because, I think, the user Enrico is not the
Administrator. Then I tried to add a new user named Administrator but
Windows XP Home Edition doesn't let me do it because Administrator exists already....

I think I have to retry on a Windows Professional Edition.

I'll do this job during the weekend.

ciao,
Enrico