Hi.

Erwin Rol wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am trying to get Open Xchange working with gcj, and so far things are
> going OK. Now i ran into a problem with LDAP. OX uses
> InitialLdapContext(...) to create a initial context. Later it uses
> javax.naming.InitialContext.getNameInNamespace(...) and that always seem
> to throw a javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException. After looking
> into the classpath source code it seems most methodes in .naming.* just
> throw a not supported error.
Ouch. You found what we call a silent stub. A method that will not show up in
the JAPI scores.

They are a legacy of the time when classpath was much less complete and the
easiest way to get a Java app to compile was by providing empty methods.

> Is this simply because nobody had time yet to implement the real code,
Yes.

> or is this a real design decision ?
Of course, not. GNU Classpath is about being compatible with Java in every
aspect.

I think what is missing here is someone with good knowledge on the details of
javax.naming.

Naturally volunteers are more than welcome. :)

> Also OX needs LdapName which i found in the apache directory sources,
> are there any plans to add a LdapName implementation to classpath ?
Is this a publc class of the java or javax namespace? If so we should provide
it.

cya
Robert