On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 14:37 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 14:08 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > I am just trying to get OX working, and stumbled over the naming thing.
>
> This might be a new issue. I know that in the past some people did try
> to get it working already. There were a couple of small issues though.
> Upstream was aware of them, but might not have solved them all yet. See
> the following threads. Martin Kauss from OpenExchange was aware of the
> issues and might know a bit more about the current status and whether
> upstream has cleaned up some of these already:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2005-July/thread.html#00095
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2005-July/thread.html#00076

There is no effort at all to remove com.sun. stuff from OX, at least all
the issues from those mails are still in the sourcecode, including the
BASE64, JNDI, javamail and ldap stuff.

The BASE64 seems to have enough replacements, and was easy to fix. Not a
1:1 drop in but with a small OX patch.

The javamail should be doable with the latest class path if the methodes
that are used by OX are actually correctly implemented and are not dummy
exception throwing ones.

the JNDI and ldap stuff seems the be a bit harder to fix. maybe the
jldap from Novell (now at openldap.org) could be used as a replacement,
but that will need some serious OX hacking. Or the missing naming stuff
should be implemented in classpath. The netscape jndi stuff might be
good enough also.

- Erwin