On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 09:24 -0500, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I disagree.  I have evidence that the FSF considers our interpretation
> to be correct; at least, Richard Stallman considered it to be correct a
> few years ago.  Our interpretation of the GNU GPL in the context of a
> JVM is actually based on a long discussion I had with Richard Stallman a
> few years ago.

I have evidence to the contrary, based on my discussion with FSF's GPL
compliance officer last year. The FSF does not consider your
interpretation to be correct.

Debian-legal has already rejected your interpretations two times in a
row. They don't hold up to peer review. It's been discussed in depth
more than a few times where all the errors are in your interpretations,
by several developers. There is no need for others to go over your
problems understanding the GPL again and again, as you know where the
debian-legal archives are if you want to reread the discussions.

cheers,
dalibor topic