Hi,

I'm using IKVM.NET 0.28.0.0, and therefore also GNU Classpath 0.91, to be able to make use of an Java class library containing image processing functions. These functions are using javax.imageio functions like ImageIO.getImageReaders().

The problem is that there are no ImageReaders and/or ImageWriters available when using GNU Classpath. From examining the sourcecode i noticed that in Sun's Java class library implementation

the registration of these ImageReaders and/or ImageWriters is done at the instantiation of the IIORegistry. In the GNU Classpath implementation however this is not the case. I understand that these plugins (com.sun.imageio.plugins.*) are missing in the GNU Classpath implementation because of licensing issues with Sun.

My questions is: are there other ImageReaders and ImageWriters (especially JPEG) that can be used freely and how do I add these to the IIORegistry?

Many thanks in advance,

Martin.