Hi,

The OAE that I submitted is different from the EOAE for RSA padding.

I have some EOAE code not yet ported to classpath like OAE, http://www.syntelos.com/src/com/syntelos/foam/EOAE.java.html

I could do this soonly.

I'm really interested in a gnu.crypto that can stand alone and be useful -- if there's anyone else thinking so, let me know.  I'm thinking the base class for the package is java.io.Filter/Stream.

cheers

John

Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
Hi All,
I have hit a couple of issues lately in getting Apache's XML security implementation work with classpath's crypto components. The W3C standard for XML encryption and syntax [1] mandates that both RSAES-PKCS1 and RSAES-OAEP be available and that the latter have support for multiple message digest functions and at least have support for MGF1 with SHA1 as the mask generation function. It seems that we dont yet have support for RSAES-OAEP, however, I noticed that John has been working on support for OAEP [2, 3].

My understanding is that this needs to be implemented as a padding to keep it in-line with the Sun RI (1.5 has support for  OAEPWithSHA1AndMGF1Padding) and BC. I am afraid I didn't have time to study John's patch and you must pardon my relative ignorance when it comes to crypto, but is [3] related to OAEP-EME as specified in RFC 2437?
If not, are the other sources in [2] related to this? How can I help in getting support for RSA-OAEP into classpath-crypto?
Thanks,
Vivek

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/
2. http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath/2006-June/001013.html