Rob,

Robert Lougher wrote:
> As long as your platform has libffi support (which I guess it must
> have if it has gcc) a JamVM port consists of simply defining a couple
> of macros for compare and swap and memory barriers (see src/arch/ e.g.
> powerpc.h).  You'll also need a null platform directory in
> src/os/linux -- this can be based on the x86_64 one, which is almost
> empty as the x86_64 port also relies on libffi.
>
> If you're willing to test JamVM I should be able to knock up a quick
> port fairly quickly.  The macros required are pretty-standard, so I'll
> be able to find something to base them on easily.

I'll help as much as I can: it appears you're willing to do most of the
work anyway. ;)

> To help do this, can you let me know the output of uname -a?

Linux rizzo 2.6.15-26-hppa32 #1 Thu Sep 14 19:44:53 UTC 2006 parisc
GNU/Linux

> Perhaps
> also the contents of /proc/cpuinfo.

processor       : 0
cpu family      : PA-RISC 2.0
cpu             : PA8600 (PCX-W+)
cpu MHz         : 552.000000
model           : 9000/785/C3600
model name      : Allegro W+
hversion        : 0x00005cf0
sversion        : 0x00000481
I-cache         : 512 KB
D-cache         : 1024 KB (WB, 0-way associative)
ITLB entries    : 160
DTLB entries    : 160 - shared with ITLB
BTLB            : not supported
bogomips        : 1101.00
software id     : 2012018428

> Also, do you know if hppa is