Hi all.

I have been trying JBoss 4.0 under Classpath CVS HEAD again and it is
still failing to start so I went back to look at Edwin's patches below.

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 13:05 +0200, Edwin Steiner wrote:
> I attach three patches which (on top of each other) make JBoss start
> without exceptions with CACAO.

Taking each patch in turn:

+2006-10-14  Edwin Steiner  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+       PR 28652
+       * javax/management/MBeanInfo.java (MBeanInfo): Use clone to
+       duplicate the arrays in order to preserve the array type.

Applied by Andrew on 15/02.

+2006-10-14  Edwin Steiner  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+       * javax/management/MBeanConstructorInfo.java
+       (MBeanConstructorInfo(String, String, MBeanParameterInfo[]): Use
+       clone to duplicate the array in order to preserve the array
+       type.
+       * javax/management/MBeanOperationInfo.java
+       (MBeanOperationInfo(String, String, MBeanParameterInfo[], ...)):
+       Likewise.

Not applied yet but seems a similar fix to the patch above which did go
in. Was there anything wrong with this one or could it also be applied?

+2006-10-14  Edwin Steiner  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+       * javax/management/ObjectName.java (properties): Initialize in
+       all cases to avoid NullPointerExceptions.
+       (ObjectName(String)): Removed initialization of properties.
+       (ObjectName(String, String, String)): Likewise.
+       (getKeyPropertyList): Do not assume that any Map can be cast to
+       Hashtable. This had caused ClassCastExceptions.
+       (toString): Return the canonical name. Some callers expect this.
+
+       * javax/management/MBeanServerDelegate.java (listeners):
+       Initialize to avoid NullPointerExceptions.
+       (addNotificationListener): Removed obsolete check (listeners ==
+       null).

The ObjectName initialisation and toString canonical name fixes were
implemented independently by Gary on 19/02 and 13/02.

Are the getKeyPropertyList and MBeanServerDelegate initialisation fixes
also required?

I'll try with the outstanding patches applied to CVS HEAD now but wanted
to raise in case someone had looked at these.

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul Jenner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>