Yup, I've been pondering that since they announced their plans.

I'd even suggested to Webmink that I'd like to see Hotspot released
early for that reason. I wouldn't take credit for the fact - but it
seems I got what I asked for. (In fact it seems it's playing out such
that I'm getting exactly what I asked for :))

Anyway, yes, I think we defininitely want to get CP working with HotSpot
as soon as possible. I also think that we should move to make our VM
interfaces compatible as soon as possible. That is, unless it turns out
that their VM interface is absolutely horrible. (Or we could chose to
support both)

/Sven