Andrew Haley wrote:
Per, if you're listening: may we incorporate gnu.bytecode within
classpath?

Absolutely.  Might as well get the most recent version from svn:
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Getting-Kawa.html

However, Tom does have a point that sticking with ASM is probably
easier. Kawa probably does make it easier to generate quality code for
a compiler (and can do it very fast), but I doubt you'd get much gain
using it for rmic, especially since the ASM version more-or-less works.

Here is an article I wrote on using gnu.bytecode:
http://per.bothner.com/compiling-regexps.html

It surely makes more sense there than as part of Kawa.

Huh?  Kawa needs gnu.bytecode amd can't assume Classpath
- at least not yet!
--
        --Per Bothner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://per.bothner.com/