Andrew Haley wrote:
Having gcj depend not only on ASM but also on a *specific version* of
ASM is intolerable.  If gnu.bytecode will do the job, we should use
it.

While gnu.bytecode (along with gnu.math) has been fairly stable
for quite a while, and it probably has been the most stable part of
Kawa,  I have not guaranteed backward compatibility in the past.
Of course if other projects start depending on gnu.bytecode, I'll
try to not break things!

One bonus of using gnu.bytecode: the class gnu.bytecode.dump is a
direct clone on jcf-dump.  (However, it doesn't have all the features
of jcf-dump, and jcf-dump is fast and compact.)
--
        --Per Bothner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://per.bothner.com/