On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 21:39 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 0.93 tagged (classpath-0_93-release and generics-0_93-release), tarred
> and available at ftp.gnu.org (and soon your favorite mirrors):
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/classpath-0.93.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/classpath-0.93-generics.tar.gz
> Plus updated documentation at http://developer.classpath.org/doc/
>
> Official announcement and release note to follow (hopefully tonight, but
> maybe Monday as I will be offline this weekend).
>
> Please go nuts on the trunk and/or merging the generics branch to trunk.
> It is probably best if Andrew posts some merge plan (do we want to do
> this all at once, package-for-package, resync-trunk-to-branch during a
> quiet period and then a full merge back-at-once, ...?) so we don't step
> on each others toes too much and to make this go as smooth as possible.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Congratulations everyone on 0.93 and thanks again Mark for all your
effort in getting this together.

So here's my first bash at a plan for the generics merge.  Suggestions,
wild screams of despair, etc. much welcomed.

I'd like to have Sunday (or at least most of the day) as a no commit
day.  It's usually fairly quiet anyway.  During that time, I'll:

a) tag the trunk and create a branch for maintaining 1.4-level stuff
b) get generics back in sync with the trunk
c) merge the results back, so that generics becomes our mainstream and
the new branch is the home of the old trunk stuff.

If there is some part of the tree you'd really like to see untouched,
please let me know ASAP.

Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }