Martin> Each time we change the ClassLoader.java class, compilation
Martin> lasts quite a long and I am not really convinced that
Martin> everything need to be recompiled. I am quite a beginner with
Martin> Makefile but it seems that no real check is done and
Martin> everything is compiled by default.

Martin> Maybe you can give me some tricks on that or tell me what method you
Martin> use when hacking Classpath.

IMNSHO, the best way to do incremental development on Classpath is to
use Eclipse.  It will only recompile the minimum necessary when you
make a change.  There a HOWTO for setting this up on the wiki -- it
isn't as trivial as we would like, but it is doable, and once you have
it set up you rarely have to tweak it.

Tom