I'm getting pretty sick of the France bashing. I received the following forward from yet another victim of the propaganda mill:

_________
SEVERE EARTHQUAKE IN FRANCE

 March 14, 2003.

Today it was reported that severe earthquakes have occurred in 10 different locations in France. The severity was measured in excess of 10 on the Richter Scale.  The cause was the 56,681 dead
American soldiers buried in French soil rolling over in their graves.

According to the American Battle Monuments Commission there are 26,255 Yankee dead from World War I buried in 4 cemeteries in France. There are 30,426 American dead from World War II buried in 6 cemeteries in France. These 56,681 brave American heroes died in their youth to liberate a country which is guilty of shameful unspeakable behavior in the 21st century

Keep forwarding this until it winds up on the computers in France to show that we have not forgotten!
_________

I responded to this with:

Yeah, and let's not forget that our troops have been sent to to fight an unprovoked war by a president who dodged Vietnam by signing up for the Texas Air National Guard[1] (and didn't even serve the full two years he pledged to), his cabinet (who collectively have less military experience than the cast of "Saving Private Ryan"[2]), and a Congress who, of 535 members, only one of which actually has a son in the military [3].

Forgive me if I feel a bit more betrayed by our own leaders than France at the moment.

[1] http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2003/02/ma_217_01.html
[2] http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15385
[3] http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/opinion_columnists/article/ 0,1406,KNS_364_1690780,00.html

I'm getting tired of quelling the ignorant crap I get from my friends and relatives!

Brian Douglas

Welcome to the Cleveland Non-Violence List Serve. Visit our web-site at www.clevelandnv.org
Please remember to post in plain text and post only the essential text (do not forward messy messages or webpages.)

The Cleveland Non-Violence Network is the listserve of activists in the Cleveland area committed to a non-violent, justice-based response to terrorism and promoting peace nationally and internationally.

To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If friends want to subscribe, tell them to send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To read this list on the web, please visit:
   http://www.topica.com/lists/ClevelandNV

Wendy  Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Moderator