Re: the boycott -- Well, I find it hard to avoid McDonald's when going
directly from work to church, a class, a protest or an arts event.
 Marc's was (in Scene, I believe?) said to have lousy managment and low pay
-- Giant Eagle and Tops look good by comparison.  I can't afford to buy at
Zagara's every week, and the organic section at Giant Eagle, even, is a bit
pricey.
 I haven't gone to Starbucks in years (there are at least three reasons for
that).
 I wouldn't buy a diamond (even if I could) -- worried it would come from
some war-torn African country and the proceeds going back to some
paramilitary group.  I heard about a diamond, though, called a Polar Bear
which is supposed to be guaranteed to be from Canada.
 What about our investments?  If we're serious, we should investigate the
various funds that are ecologically and politically responsible.  If anyone
has a list of those or a suggestion, that would be great.
 But back to the original thought: I always seem to be jetting from one thing
to another.  So the question: is one gas station better than another here?
Anyone who knows should educate us.

 Also, attached from AAA:
 AAA TIPS: HOW TO IMPROVE FUEL EFFICIENCY AND SAVE MONEY ON GAS.
 • Slow down. The faster a vehicle travels, the more gas it burns.
 • Avoid quick starts and sudden stops, this wastes fuel.
 • Visit a repair shop for a pre-summer tune up.
 • Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
 • Check your vehicle owner's manual. If your vehicle does not require
premium or mid-grade fuel, then buy regular unleaded gasoline.
 • Car pool. Save gas by riding with a family member, colleague, friend or
neighbor.

 Thanks,
 Marjorie Preston

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually
come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda

Welcome to the Cleveland Non-Violence List Serve.
Visit our web-site at www.clevelandnv.org
Please remember to post in plain text and post only the essential text (do not forward
messy messages or webpages.)

The Cleveland Non-Violence Network is the listserve of activists in the Cleveland area
committed to a non-violent, justice-based response to terrorism and promoting peace
nationally and internationally.

To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If friends want to subscribe, tell them to send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To read this list on the web, please visit:
    http://www.topica.com/lists/ClevelandNV

Wendy  Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Moderator

[...]