Refer to;

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html#winsvc

Most of the time, LocalSystem will only allow a compromise
of the specific box.  It has no authority to the network.

Incidentally, this means that web servers attempting to access
network resources cannot use the 'default' installation.

On a bigger-picture scale, I'll look at moving the 'run as user'
docs up front on that platform page, and perhaps modifying the
installer to prompt for a 'user to run as'.  The ASF installers
never create (nor should they create) arbitrary accounts, but
it would be reasonable to remind users (by choosing which account
to use) that they should take steps to lock down the scope of
the Apache service.

Bill