Hi Joseph,

  * guessing you are trying in Apache 1.3?  It doesn't work, you need
    Apache 2.0.44 or later.

  * The .msi installs and registers the Apache.Web.dll .NET objects, you
    won't be able to load mod_aspdotnet.so without them.

Bill

Joseph Kraehenbuehl wrote:
I'm trying to manully install mod_aspdotnet, but I can't get the Apache service to start. Event viewer shows me these application errors:

1. Cannot load c:/program files/apache group/apache/modules/mod_aspdotnet.so into server: (126) The specified module could not be found

2. Syntax error on line 1017 of c:/program files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Note that line 1017 is "LoadModule aspdotnet_module "modules/mod_aspdotnet.so"" (see httpd.conf below).

The installer for mod_aspdotnet-2.0.0.msi gave me the error "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\ is not a valid path to an installed instance of Apache".

I used Total Commander (with the msi plugin) to extract the .so and .dll file, and I put the .so file in the Apache's modules folder.

I've tried copying the Apache.Web.dll file to C:\Windows C:\Windows\System and C:\Windows\System32 (echo %systemroot% at the command prompt returned C:\Windows).

I've also added the following to httpd.conf:

#asp.net
LoadModule aspdotnet_module "modules/mod_aspdotnet.so"

AddHandler asp.net asax ascx ashx asmx aspx axd config cs csproj licx rem resources resx soap vb vbproj vsdisco webinfo

<IfModule mod_aspdotnet.cpp>
  # Mount the ASP.NET /asp application
  AspNetMount /SampleASP "c:/SampleASP"
  #/SampleASP is the alias name for asp.net to execute
  #"c:/SampleASP" is the actual execution of files/folders  in that location

  # Map all requests for /asp to the application files
  Alias /SampleASP "c:/SampleASP"
  #maps /SampleASP request to "c:/SampleASP"
  #now to get to the /SampleASP type http://localhost/SampleASP
  #It'll redirect http://localhost/SampleASP to "c:/SampleASP"

  # Allow asp.net scripts to be executed in the /SampleASP example
  <Directory "c:/SampleASP">
    Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    DirectoryIndex index.htm index.aspx
   #default the index page to .htm and .aspx
  </Directory>

  # For all virtual ASP.NET webs, we need the aspnet_client files
  # to serve the client-side helper scripts.
  AliasMatch /aspnet_client/system_web/(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)/(.*)

What part of the manual install am I missing or doing incorrectly?

Your help is appreciated.