On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:02:51 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Also, I think it will be better to make the test automated..something like
> draw comboBox content into BufferedImage and pixel compare if it is same for
> disabled/enabled and fail if they are same and iterate for all L&Fs as it
> will also affect GTK as per the comment

I created an automated test, but for some L&F's (such as Nimbus), an enabled vs
disabled ComboBox differs in more than just the text color. The background,
border, and button color may change as well. So, even if I shave off the
dimensions of the border and button, it seems difficult to detect just the text
for comparison.

Before the fix, the issue was that the ComboBox as a whole worked correctly for
disabled ComboBoxes with a DLCR, but the text was black instead of grey. This
was the only difference.

A manual test might still be the best approach since more aspects than just the
test color can be checked. So, I think it's best to not automate this test.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12390