On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 18:00:55 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Actually I see the same behavior (ComboBox's selected item overlapped with
>> popup menu) for non-editable ComboBox with or without your fix(whether it
>> has a border or not).
>> We can probably fix it along with this issue.
>>

>> [JDK_8302558.java.txt](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/files/10962183/JDK_8302558.java.txt)
>
> I see this now. I just tried to apply the same fix like with editable
> comboBoxes, but the positioning of the popup doesn't seem to change. Looking
> into why

There is a property for comboboxes that determines whether a combobox should
have a popup display "on" or "below" the component. I found this in another
open test that explicitly sets this property to TRUE or FALSE to test
positioning. The current behavior is correct since a non-editable combobox's
popup appears over the combobox rather than under. Prasanta gave an example
native component in another comment in this PR.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12750