On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 05:10:15 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <abhis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JTabbedPane's content area, tab area and tab background color are not as
>> expected when opaque is set to true or false.
>> The proposed fix is to handle the TabbedPane's background color in installed
>> LAFs. Manual test is added to support the fix and there is no regression
>> caused by the fix.
>>
>> Proposed fix is tested in Ubuntu 22.04 and Oracle linux.
>>
>> CI link is posted in JBS.
>
> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   instruction and copyright year update

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 63:

> 61:             Check the default behaviour of the tabbed pane:
> 62:               - the area behind tabs is transparent (it must be green).
> 63:               - the tabs area is opaque (it must be red, except the
> selected tab which must be gray).

As per my testing in windows, this is not satisfied for Nimbus and all tabs are
gray, not only the selected one..
Is this a bug not solved yet?
Although you specify down below that tabs color are specific to nimbus style,
this is prone to misinterpretation and can cause further issue..If it cannot be
satisfied for Nimbus, it needs to be specified here upfront...

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 78:

> 76:               - the content area is opaque (it must be gray).
> 77:
> 78:             Check this behaviour for other LAFs and tab layout.

Since we check for only selected L&Fs like Metal/Nimbus/GTK/Aqua it is probably
better to mention  to check behaviour by clicking on present L&F button and tab
layout..
Also, since this test is for all platforms, did you test on mac?

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 99:

> 97:               - the tabs are opaque (it must be red, except the selected
> tab which must be gray).
> 98:             when unchecked:
> 99:               - the tabs are transparent (it must be gree).

gree->green

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584257458
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584537667
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584257656