On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 16:41:12 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aiva...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   condition update
>
> test/jdk/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/gtk/TestMenuMnemonicOnAltPress.java line 44:
>
>> 42: import javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthLookAndFeel;
>> 43:
>> 44: public class TestMenuMnemonicOnAltPress {
>
> This test seems to repeat the
> [`JMenuBar/TestMenuMnemonic.java`](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/javax/swing/JMenuBar/TestMenuMnemonic.java)
>  test that you created for Windows L&F when you worked on
> [JDK-8326458](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8326458).

This test is almost similar to the
[JMenuBar/TestMenuMnemonic.java](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/javax/swing/JMenuBar/TestMenuMnemonic.java)
 but is bit different for linux.
Here we are testing for Alt key press scenario whereas windows test was
checking for F10 key press. And secondly windows test checked for the menu
selection path also which is not the case in linux.

Initially I thought of extending the same test for linux fix but then decided
not to do it for not making it too much complex.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18992#discussion_r1645987858