On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 20:03:20 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> All I wanted is to bring up the inconsistency so that a few people would
>> take a look at it while reviewing this change.
>
> It does look odd. Focus would need transferring in both cases I'd expect.
>  It goes back to the very beginning of open source JDK so I can't see a
> changeset to point to in order to explain it.
> And I also can't find any bug reports that might be related - either one
> about adding it, or one about things not working because it is not always
> executed.

I looked at the history before what's available in Git. I looks this has always
been this way. Yet it doesn't look right.

`AwtDialog::CheckInstallModalHook()` is called right before the page dialog is
displayed by using `::PageSetupDlg`. I expect
`AwtDialog::CheckUninstallModalHook()` needs to be called after it.

Likely, the early returns (inside `if (ret)`) are very rare, if any of these
has ever occurred at all.

I'll submit a bug to include calling `AwtDialog::CheckUninstallModalHook()` in
error cleanup. The `done` label which were before
[JDK-8307160](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8307160) should've been
before the line which calls `CheckUninstallModalHook`.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19786#discussion_r1649289792