On Wed, 28 Aug 2024 18:22:03 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Reattach thread if AWT is the owner of NSApplication
>
> src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libosxapp/ThreadUtilities.m line 67:
>
>> 65: }
>> 66:
>> 67: + (JNIEnv*)getJNIEnv {
>
> The cached version of 'getJNIEnv' was added for performance reasons to skip
> `attachCurrentThread` if we know for sure that initialization has already
> completed. But is it still necessary to track all this flags now, maybe the
> `attachCurrentThread` now smart enough to check that the current thread was
> already attached, or it is just fast enough?

It seems best to make minimal changes in the normal case where AWT creates the
toolkit, which this PR does.

You raise a good question as to whether we could get rid of the caching
entirely. That seems like something to consider in a follow-up. We would need
to do measure the performance impact.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20688#discussion_r1736452484