On Sep 9, 4:26 pm, Rich Hickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My point is, having encountered this error (which is not the kind of
> thing that is going to lurk around to bite you deep at runtime), was
> it not obvious what the problem was? Did Clojure, and the work you
> were doing, vanish? It may not have been the one you want, but you got
> an error and a place in the code to look.

Well, in the example I gave it is relatively easy to see but if your
inclusion cycle is larger and you eventually only get a
StackOverflowException, pointing you to something like
"clojure.lang.Compiler$CompilerException: filename.clj:0: null" it is
far from obvious to see what went wrong. One needs to carefully
examine all inclusions in the whole graph to track down the cycle,
something a machine could do much better.