On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 16:47 +1100, Brett Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:38 PM, ntupel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 23:57 +1000, Brett Morgan wrote:

> >> Which expand out to #ifdef guards, if memory serves.
> >
> > So what? It just shows you another effective way to tackle the cycle
> > problem. As a programmer I don't care if I use "include" or "import" or
> > "require" to load my dependencies. But I do care if I need to make extra
> > steps to not include stuff twice. I really can not believe that we have
> > to discuss this age old problem which has been solved so many times
> > already again and again. This is just plain stupid.
> >

> Well, you could code your own include macro to achieve the affect you
> are after. It is an open source project, after all.

I know and in fact I had my own version of require long before
clojure-contrib was started. But I was glad that it was no longer needed
when clojure-contrib.lib was included because something as basic as this
needs to be part of the standard distribution. And now despite of these
promising developments it seems that I must again come up with a
homegrown solution as I can not convince the Clojure community that it
should be part of Clojure itself. I am delighted!