Of course.  Hmmm.  And I thought I knew this stuff! :)

I think I was getting all confused because I was playing with ns and
it doesn't require quoting (because it's a macro).  It makes sense now
- thanks.

Regarding the use of require, am I right in thinking that ns is for
library modules and require, use, etc. are appropriate for just
bringing in library functions to the REPL?  I'm pretty sure this is
the case - I just wanted to check as the documentation made me doubt
myself a little.

Paul.