On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Kyle Schaffrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm running the latest packaged release, and I'd like to start writing
> some more serious "spikes" in Clojure, but I'm starting to get the
> impression that I should be using the SVN version instead to get the
> latest hotness.

Some will recommend using SVN, but I'm not sure it's necessary.  If
you stick with versions of the various packages from around the same
time frame as the clojure release you're using, you should be okay.

Staying caught up with SVN does impose some extra effort, especially
in the run up to 1.0 that's going on right now.  There have been
breaking changes that require you to update your code for it to keep
working, and there may be (a few) more.  To learn about these changes
you should monitor this Google group.  If you're willing to put out
this extra effort, it'll be easier to get help here and on IRC, and to
use the latest features of the various packages.

However, if you use released version instead, you'll only have to
update your code because of breaking changes once when you upgrade to
1.0.

So it's up to you to determine how you want to spend your time.
Personally, I stay up to date with SVN. :-)

--Chouser