Hi

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Stephen C. Gilardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Clojure sometimes throws exceptions that report a line number of 0 when
> the correct line number.

See also this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/33f96e54aba17444/be5f9fee0af8f576

With or without your patch I still get no line numbers for some things
at the REPL.
e.g. if I try to evaluate a non-existent symbol:

$ java -cp clojure.jar clojure.main
Clojure
user=> blah
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
(NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
user=> blah
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
(NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
user=> blah
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
(NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)

whereas if I try to evaluate a nonexistent function, I do get a line
number in the error:

user=> (some-function)
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: some-function in this
context (NO_SOURCE_FILE:4)

Your patch does fix the problem in Timothy's first post in that thread, though.

--
Michael Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>