On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Stephen C. Gilardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Michael Wood wrote:
>
>> With or without your patch I still get no line numbers for some things
>> at the REPL.
>> e.g. if I try to evaluate a non-existent symbol:
>>
>> $ java -cp clojure.jar clojure.main
>> Clojure
>> user=> blah
>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
>> (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
>> user=> blah
>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
>> (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
>> user=> blah
>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: blah in this context
>> (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
>>
>> whereas if I try to evaluate a nonexistent function, I do get a line
>> number in the error:
>>
>> user=> (some-function)
>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: some-function in this
>> context (NO_SOURCE_FILE:4)
>
> For a repl that supports line numbers, I've written clojure.contrib.repl-ln:

Yes, thanks.  But the normal repl also supports line numbers.  Just not fully :)
e.g. when you try to evaluate a non-existent function.

Is it intended to work for some things and not others?

Alternatively, is there any reason not to replace the normal repl with repl-ln?

--
Michael Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>