Hi Matt,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM, MattyDub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can confirm that that patch fixed my problem - I can now M-. to
> render-place.  Thanks, Bill!

Good to hear that the patch fixes the issue for you.

>   What paths does slime-edit-definition search for the definitions?
> It's not finding the clojure macros/functions (like defn, dosync,
> etc.), so I must not have that path configured correctly.
> -Matt

Basically, it searches a bunch of standard Java locations plus the
locations you specified in your classpath. If you want to see what
will be searched, enter the following 2 statements in your Clojure
REPL:
(in-ns 'swank.commands.basic)
(slime-search-paths)

Note: the function "slime-search-paths" isn't public

If M-. isn't working on standard Clojure symbols, it could be for a
number of reasons:
1. You're using an old version of Clojure
2. You've built Clojure excluding source from the jar file
3. The Clojure source isn't in your classpath (only necessary if #2 is true)

- Bill